Educational Development Plan
All Michigan students are given the opportunity to begin an Educational Development Plan (EDP) in seventh grade, and to build this plan beginning in eighth grade. Most schools in our area use Career Cruising, an online career exploration, and planning tool, as a vehicle for student EDP's.
Career Cruising components that support the Michigan Educational Development Plan include:
- A variety of online skill and interest assessments, including Career Matchmaker
- Opportunities to search hundreds of careers of interest to students
- An "electronic filing cabinet" in which to record work and volunteer experiences, awards, and certificates
- A vehicle to identify personal and career goals
- A huge catalog of post-secondary education options, including the military, trade schools, community colleges, and universities.